Full TUition & Travel
Application Deadline: Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 11:59pm ET
The Academy of Communication in Healthcare is pleased to offer two full tuition and travel scholarship awards to attend the 2020 ENRICH Course, June 26-28, 2020 in Austin, TX. The scholarships are made possible by proceeds from the book Remediation in Medical Education- A Mid-Course Correction, Smith's Patient-Centered Interviewing (4th ed.), Communication RX, and by The Institute for Healthcare Excellence.
ACH will award two full tuition and travel scholarship awards to apply toward 2020 ENRICH course participation. *Awardees must register by the early bird deadline (April 23, 2020).
Scholarship Award Application Eligibility
Any current ACH member or non-member** interested in attending the 2020 ENRICH Healthcare Communication Course with a financial need may apply.
This may include anyone interested in improving their own communication skills with colleagues, patients, and families, as well as those who teach these skills, such as Administrators, Educators, Patient Advocates, Health Coaches, Patient Experience Officers, Nurses, Physicians, Physician Assistants, Psychologists, Social Workers, etc. Applicants must have a financial need for a scholarship (i.e. would not be able to afford to attend otherwise).
Lastly, given the ACH's goal of increasing diversity across the organization, preference will be given to those with some contribution(s) toward the diversity of the course, whether by profession, perspective, race, ethnicity, etc. Applicants will be asked to provide information on how they contribute to diversity on the application.
**If not a member of ACH, part of the awarded scholarship funds will go toward a 2020 ACH membership ($69-$235), and the remaining funds will be used toward ENRICH registration.
Scholarship Award Winner Requirements
- At the course, as with all other participants, scholarship winners agree to attend ALL course sessions, as indicated in the ATTENDEE EXPECTATIONS.
- One week after the course, scholarship recipients must submit
- Three goals related to new skills they learned at the course and
- A summary of their ENRICH experience and how it will affect their work.
- Three months after the course, scholarship recipients must submit:
- A reflection describing how they've applied their skill goals and what outcomes they observed/experienced.