ACH is looking to support health communication scholars and educators through participation in the Putnam Scholars Program (PSP), now in its third year! The program seeks applicants who have an interest in developing a career in health communication research or education. Putnam Scholars will receive:
- Mentorship from senior health communication scholars & practitioners
- Networking opportunities within the ACH community
- Professional development in health communication
Current ACH members who are early career faculty, trainee, or advanced post-doctoral fellows are eligible to apply. Applicants will need to identify a primary mentor from the ACH membership. The ACH Research Committee can help candidates to identify a mentor for their application. We encourage applications from candidates who may have limited access to health communication mentors at their home institution.
The Putnam Scholars Program is a 2-year fellowship program that includes:
- Regular mentorship meetings and educational seminars to expose participants to various areas of health communication;
- Funding for the candidate and their mentor to travel to the annual ACH FORUM or ICCH annual conference in the United States each year;
- Participation in an annual one-day training program at the annual conference;
- Opportunities for networking with ACH members.
Details for the program are available on the ACH website. The application deadline is Friday, February 28, 2020 at 5:00pm EST. Putnam Scholars will be announced in late March/early April 2020.