Apply for a Health Equity Scholarship!
The Academy of Communication in Healthcare is pleased to offer scholarships to attend the 2019 ENRICH Course , May 31-June 2, 2019 in Pittsburgh. The scholarships are made possible by proceeds from the book Remediation in Medical Education- A Mid-Course Correction, Smith's Patient-Centered Interviewing (4th ed.), Communication RX, and by The Institute for Healthcare Excellence.
Friday, February 22, 2019 at 5:00pm ET
Applicants will be notified in mid-March.
ACH will award $1,000 scholarships to apply toward 2019 ENRICH course registration.* The scholarship winners will be instructed to register for the course, and will then be reimbursed. *Awardees must register by the early bird deadline (March 28, 2019).
Scholarship Application Eligibility
Any current ACH member or non-member** interested in attending the 2019 ENRICH Healthcare Communication Course that contributes to the diversity of the course in some way (race, ethnicity, profession, perspective, etc.).
Preference will be given to those from racial and ethnic groups that are under-represented in the health professions. These may include, but are not limited to: Hispanic/Latinx, Black/African-American, Asian-American, Native American / Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian / Pacific Islander, and people from outside the U.S. (https://bhw.hrsa.gov/sites/default/files/bhw/nchwa/diversityushealthoccupations.pdf)
On the application applicants will be asked to provide information on how they contribute to diversity to ACH and ENRICH.
**If not a member of ACH, part of the awarded scholarship funds will go toward a 2019 ACH membership ($69-$210), and the remaining funds will be used toward ENRICH registration.
Scholarship Winner Requirements
1. At the course, as with all other participants, scholarship winners agree to attend ALL course sessions, as indicated in the ATTENDEE EXPECTATIONS.
2. One week after the course, scholarship recipients must submit
- Three goals related to new skills they learned at the course and
- A summary of their ENRICH experience and how it will affect their work.
3. Three months after the course, scholarship recipients must submit:
- A reflection describing how they've applied their skill goals and what outcomes they observed/experienced.