Through a partnership with Leading Organizations to Health
(LOH), the Academy of Communication in Healthcare(ACH) members now receive a $1,850 registration discount to the LOH program.
As a healthcare leader, you cannot look anywhere today without confronting the need for transformation. Strategic initiatives of every type require fundamental changes in the way people work together. For-profit, non-profit and public sector organizations alike need to unleash the full wisdom, creativity and initiative of their workforces as they address such complex issues as:
- Strengthening collaboration across disciplines for clinical care, interprofessional education and translational research
- Patient-centered Medical Homes and Accountable Care Organizations
- Mergers, service line integration and other reorganizations
- Workforce burnout
- Improving access and addressing disparities
Most healthcare leaders find themselves thrust into change leadership roles without the benefit of adequate preparation. Few business programs address the topic in sufficient depth; skilled role models are rare. Worst of all, without anyone realizing it, nearly all change projects are guided by an outdated and psychologically simplistic model — Frederick Taylor’s Scientific Management, published 100 years ago. The top-down redesign and re-education initiatives it engenders fail to harness the wisdom of front-line workers or win their commitment. Workers are further antagonized when the foundering of these ill-conceived change programs is attributed disparagingly to their “resistance.” All this leads to ineffective action, widespread cynicism and tremendous waste.
There is a better way. For the past ten years Leading Organizations to Health has been successfully teaching a unique and remarkably effective approach to organizational change to an international community of leaders who have gone on to achieve transformational results. Developed over our combined 50 years of consulting and executive leadership, this approach integrates theories, methods and practices from adaptive leadership, complexity, positive psychology, Relational Coordination, adult development and Relationship-centered Care.
Intended for senior and midlevel healthcare leaders and consultants, LOH combines elements of an advanced leadership seminar, executive coaching, a personal retreat, a learning laboratory, and a 10-month consultation on organizational change. Over the course of four extended weekend retreats at a Rocky Mountain guest ranch and monthly peer-coaching conference calls, you will be part of a trustworthy learning community in which you will:
- learn practical, powerful and psychologically sophisticated theories of individual and organizational behavior to help you make sense of what’s happening in your organization and guide effective action;
- develop high level communication and group facilitation skills that will help you energize teams, set clear expectations, address challenging behaviors, resolve conflict and maintain accountability;
- pursue reflective self-exploration and personal renewal to help you engage in your leadership role from a deep sense of integrity and authenticity, and to align your work with your personal sense of purpose.
Given the importance and difficulty of your role as a change leader, don’t you owe it to yourself to get the best possible preparation and the best possible results? To learn more about this program, please visit www.lohweb.com
or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
LOH will begin forming their 11th cohort in 2019. CLICK HERE for registration information.
DATES FOR COHORT 11:
Session 1: Thursday, March 14 - Sunday, March 17, 2019
Session 2: Tuesday, May 14 - Friday, May 17, 2019
Session 3: Tuesday, October 1 - Friday, October 4, 2019
Session 4: Thursday, January 9 - Sunday, January 12, 2020
Please note: Each session begins with dinner on Thursday and ends with lunch on Sunday. The experiential and reflective nature of the program makes continuity in relationships and conversations very important. Therefore, we ask each participant to commit to attending all four sessions.