The ACH Healthcare Communication Teaching Excellence Award recognizes educators who advance the field of healthcare communication. Submissions are now open for the 2nd annual award!
Nomination Deadline: Wednesday, February 28, 2018
The 2nd annual award will be presented at 2018 ENRICH Forum
taking place May 31 - June 3, 2018 in Tampa, Florida.
Criteria for the Teaching Excellence award include at least one of the following:
- Healthcare communication teaching that has made an impact beyond the candidate's institution
- Original and innovative communication teaching and learning
- Communication training in a particularly challenging environment
The award committee will look for evidence and recognition from others such as:
- Evaluations from participants in a healthcare communication education program
- Invitations to present at other institutions
- Although not required, publications in peer-reviewed journals or durable education resources (e.g. MedEdPORTAL, book chapters) will add further support
- Evidence of a sustained impact of teaching and/or curricular materials or programs
- Letters of support
Eligibility: Nominators should be members of ACH. Upon acceptance of the award the winner should be a member of ACH.
Nominators, please submit the following materials to Lindsay Overall at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2018.
Nominations can be sent by candidates themselves or by colleagues with the candidate's agreement.
- Cover letter
- An up-to-date CV of the nominee
- A description of the healthcare communication program through which the nominee has made a significant and outstanding contribution to health care communication: nominees should provide an example of teaching materials that are particularly representative
- Two letters of recommendation by senior colleagues or others, describing the accomplishments of the nominee and explaining how the nominee fulfills the criteria for the award in the field of health care communication teaching