The purpose of this committee is to supervise the quality of the Faculty-in-Training Program relative to policy, admissions, advancements, graduation, and guides. The committee convenes monthly and consists of the 2 FIT co-directors, 4-5 faculty and usually 2-3 FITs (our goal is to keep the FIT representation on the committee proportional to the number of FITS in the program at any given time).
- Purpose: Their role is to advocate for FIT needs on the FIT Committee.
- Responsibilities: To assist with administrative projects and to coordinate FIT-FIT Committee communications. FITs may vote, with the exception of applications, advancements, and graduations. FIT input in developing training needs assessment, policies, materials and procedures is welcome. This is a wonderful venue for becoming more active in Academy work, having some input into the FIT experience, and learning about effective leadership.
- Selection: FIT reps are selected from among interested FITs by their fellow FITs when an opening becomes available.
- Term (effective 3/16/18): 1 year with a maximum of 2 consecutive terms as a FIT representative.
- Purpose: To provide faculty input in developing training needs assessment, policies, materials and procedures.
- Responsiblities: Review and vote on program applications, advancements, and graduations; assist with administrative projects and contribute to the growth and development of the FIT program.
- Selection: Faculty are selected by the FIT committee via an open call when an opening becomes available.
- Term (effective 3/16/18): None- an annual check-in is conducted to allow for continuation or roll off.
- Purpose: Faculty of the ACH selected by the Education Committee to provide leadership to the FIT Program. In their role, they provide supervisory mentorship and guidance to the FITs in the form of individual meetings with each FIT at both the Winter Course and ENRICH and additional email or phone communication as needed. They also co-chair the FIT Committee.
- Selection: FIT co-directors are selected by the VP, Internal Education from an open call.
- Term: Overlapping 3-year terms.
Julie Crosson, MD, Boston Medical Center, Dorchester House (2016, 2017, 2018)
Carol Chou, MD, University of Pennsylvania (2017, 2018, 2019)
Renee Bergstrom, EdD (FIT rep)
Steven Borowsky, MD, MPH, Park Nicollet Clinic
Pamela Duke, MD, Drexel University College of Medicine
Erum Jadoon, MD, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale (FIT rep)
Lynnea Mills, MD, UCSF (FIT rep)
Marla Rowe Gorosh, MD, Henry Ford Health System